I don’t know about you, but during these tumultuous times, I need my home to be my sanctuary, the place where I can relax and recharge.
When this ‘stay home, stay safe’ thing started, my thought was, “Hey, if we’re home all the time, we’ll be able to get the house clean and organized! Maybe tackle those home improvement projects that we’ve been putting off!”
Well, I was partly right. Our home wasn’t cleaner or neater, but we have tackled some of those home improvements on our list!
I hadn’t added into the equation that when when we are home all the time, we are messing up the house as fast as we clean it!
The areas that we’ve improved, like the bedroom and bathroom, make other rooms like the living room and kitchen, look tired in comparison.
Now, if you’re like me and your looking to spruce up your home with what you already have or if you’re facing the same house situation that I’d been struggling with, here’s some great ideas to remedy that situation.
Your space should make you feel calm and happy. Your home should bring you joy and a sense of harmony.
Here are the 5 simple tips to transform your home:
1. Declutter. Your space should not feel crowded. There should not be piles around collecting dust. Your home is a limited space, so the first step is to limit the number of things you own.
2. Shop your house. Rearrange furniture and accessories, have a designated location for each of your belongings. These are items that you love and enjoy. Showcase them.
Disclosure: I am an independent blogger and include affiliated links in this blog, meaning that I may get compensated for purchases made directly through these links.
3. When you buy something new make sure beforehand that you have a designated place for that item. Some easy, inexpensive updates include: rugs, curtains, and throw pillows. These can truly unify a room!
4. Showcase your favorite items, Nate Burkus says that, “Your home should rise up to greet you.” Remember, balance is everything! Have empty spaces too!
5. Maintain the things that you enjoy. Ultimately, you are responsible for all the things that you bring into your life and home. The moment you acquire something that’s when you need to start taking care of it.
Your home is one of your biggest assets. It gives you shelter, comfort, and security. Treat your home like your sanctuary and you’ll always have a place to relax and unwind.
Have a Great Day!