I hope that you are well. Today I want to talk about something life changing. The kind of thing that can transform your life as a blogger or writer. I have been a writer for most of my life and a blogger for several years now. I want to share 9 tips that will help you on your journey toward success!
Disclosure: I am an independent blogger and include affiliated links in this blog which means that I get compensated for purchases made directly through these links..
Are you ready?
1. First, and I say this a lot! Have a calendar or planner that you use daily. Customize it for you. This is ESSENTIAL for SUCCESS! Planners keep you focused, help with time management, and show your progress.
2. Next, follow 3 bloggers or writers that you want to be like. Read their material, make notes on what you like and what you’d write differently. Use their material as inspiration. This will help you find your own “writer’s voice” which is unique to you.
3. Research the kind of content that inspires you. Surround yourself in your daily life with materials that will drive your creativity.
4. Keep a journal (digital or physical) with you at all times that you can record thoughts, images, and just random notes or feelings.
5. Write. I know that sounds simple but it is more difficult than it sounds. Write every day on topics that reach into your mind and set you on fire. Pour your heart and soul into your writing. Write about those feelings of love, loss, success, failure, heartbreak and dreams that have gotten you where you are today. Be honest, this is your truth. As you write about the things that have changed your life, you will inspire others change theirs.
6. Stop trying to fit in! You’re different, you have a burning desire to share your experiences with the world. This makes you different. Writing is often a process of self-discovery, of finding out who you are when you are not trying to be the person that everyone is telling you to be. Be brave and embrace the change! This isn’t easy but it is worth it!
7. Pay extra attention to your headline, beginnings, and endings. Make them strong! These are the parts of your writing that grab the reader, pull them in, and then at the end determine how the reader feels about you and your writing.
8. Edit, Edit, Edit! It took me two years to write my first book because I did all my own editing. If you have an editor, it makes the process easier. I have a wonderful book editor now who feeds my creativity and sparks my imagination! It’s great to have a second set of eyes on your work. Be open to others’ opinions of your writing and see where that takes you. But ultimately this is your work, don’t lose sight of that!
9. Never give up! Writing isn’t easy, neither is putting yourself out there. You will pour your heart and soul into a piece and have someone tear it apart online. You will write, and write, and write… and have no followers, and it will feel like no one cares. Don’t quit! There are many articles, books, and posts on becoming a better blogger/writer. They talk about content, niche, marketing, etc. But what they don’t really address is failure. We all fail, it’s part of life. Use any failure as a way to fuel your writing, figure out what you did right, and what you’ll do better or different next time. Write it down. Just keep on going!
One day, you’ll wake up and look in the mirror and realize that you have done it. You are a writer, a blogger, the person that you set out to be. Not perfect, but happy. You are living the life that you always wanted, being the best version of yourself. Being a writer or blogger is all about being you.
Have a Great Day!